Policy & Procedure
Community Center Rental Policies & ProceduresFacilities, such as the Community Center, are intended to promote the general welfare of the Legendary Run community. The Board of Trustees establishes rules regarding its use to provide fair and cost-effective utilization. Homeowners are encouraged to use the facility with care and respect for other residents. Policies related to the use of the Community Center, pool, and all other common property are subject to change at any time by the LRCA Board of Trustees.
The Legendary Run Community Center is located at 3601 West Legendary Run Drive. It is a lovely building with approximately 1,600 sq. ft. of entertaining/meeting space accommodating up to 100 people. (Capacity will depend on seating arrangement.) The facility has a full kitchen, 52″ television, sound system, and parking.
Only Legendary Run homeowners who are in good standing (current for the past six (6) months up to the date of the event with all assessments and fully compliant with all rules and covenants), may rent the Community Center.
- Any guests must be by invitation only.
- Except for Civic Groups, the renting homeowner must be present during the entire event. The homeowner is responsible for their guests’ behavior.
- Use of the Community Center does not include the pool or tennis courts. The swimming pool may not be reserved.
- Restrooms and parking lot are shared with the swimming pool guests between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- The Community Center is a non-smoking facility.
- Alcohol may be served to persons of legal drinking age, at the renting homeowner’s sole risk.
- Noise generated by the event must not be loud enough to disturb the neighboring homeowners.
- No confetti may be used in the Community Center.
- No swimming suits or golf cleats are permitted inside the Community Center.
- No pets (except service animals) are allowed inside the Community Center.
- Open flames, grilling, or the use of fireworks are prohibited in or near the Community Center.
- Use of adhesive tape for banners, balloons, and signs may only be placed on windows and woodwork – not on walls, fixtures, and other surfaces.
- Rental of the Community Center includes the use of the patio area immediately outside of the main room – not the side patio, tennis courts, or fenced pool area.
- Renting homeowner agrees to restore the Community Center to the same or better condition and dispose of all trash after each event – See Community Center Cleaning section.
- The television is connected to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics. You must get prior approval from the Community Center Coordinator, Robin Scott at 513-874-3737, to contract pay-per-view special events.
- Renting homeowner must disarm the alarm and unlock the front door at the start of the event. All doors must be locked, and the alarm reset, after each event.
- Note: The LRCA and its agent(s) are not responsible for any damage to vehicles or personal property brought onto the LRCA property. Furthermore, the LRCA and its agent(s) are not responsible for any injury to persons while on LRCA premises.
The Community Center is available on weekdays from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. and on weekends & Holidays from 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. the following day. All events must end promptly no later than the designated ending hour. Failure to comply with the ending time limit may result in the loss of the security deposit and the loss of future rental privileges of the Community Center.
For purposes of rentals, the term “Community Groups” refer to groups or entities that meet regularly (at least quarterly) throughout the year and that are comprised primarily of Legendary Run residents. The resident renting the Center for a Community Group may impose a fee to cover the cost of providing supplies and/or professional services. “Associations” refer to HOA’s or committees of HOA’s that are part of Legendary Run. “Civic Groups” are entities that promote the safety or general welfare of the local community as determined by the LRCA Board. “Residents” refer to homeowners in good standing who actively reside within Legendary Run.
For Weekends (Friday, Saturdays, Sundays) and Holidays (New Year’s Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day):
- Dates and times are available on a first-come, first-serve basis except as noted below.
- Residents may reserve a date and time up to 360 calendar days in advance. (Exception: A resident may not reserve the Center on the same holiday in consecutive years unless the Center is not booked on the desired holiday 60 days preceding the holiday.) The prevailing rental fee and deposit will be applied.
- A homeowner representing a Community Group may conditionally reserve available dates and times but must pay the prevailing rental fee. Such reservations are subject to cancellation should a resident request such date and time for an event.
- A homeowner representing an Association may reserve up to one available non-holiday weekend date per calendar year at no charge.
- Reservations for Civic Groups must be approved in advance by the LRCA Board. The reservation must be made by a Trustee, Property Manager, or Community Center Coordinator. Fees for such groups shall be set by the Board.
For Weekdays (Monday – Thursday, non-holidays):
- Established Community Groups retain the same days and times as in the previous year. Changes may be requested but are subject to availability and LRCA Board approval. All other dates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Residents may reserve a date and time up to 360 days in advance. Should a resident request a date and time that conflicts with a scheduled Community Group, the resident’s reservation will be accepted, and the Community Group’s reservation will be canceled.
- Community Group reservations are subject to cancellation should a resident request such date and time for an event. In addition, for weekdays, a Community Group may not schedule more than two events per calendar week without LRCA Board permission.
- Associations may reserve up to three available weekday dates per calendar year at no charge.
- Reservations for Civic Groups must be approved in advance by the LRCA Board. The reservations must be made by a Trustee, Property Manager, or Community Center Coordinator. Fees for such groups shall be set by the Board.
- Rental Fee is $125.00 per event and the security deposit is $150.00 per event. (Two separate checks are required, each payable to the Legendary Run Community Association.)
- If the event is canceled at least 30 days prior to the scheduled date, the rental fee and security deposit are fully refundable. If the event is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event, the security deposit will be refunded but the rental fee will be forfeited unless an alternate date for the event is scheduled.
- The security deposit will be refunded if the Community Center is in the same or better condition than when the rental period began, and all rules have been followed. The condition of the Community Center after an event shall be determined solely by a member or representative of the LRCA Board. If necessary, the security deposit will be used to clean or repair the Community Center. If additional money is required to restore the Community Center, the renting homeowner will be billed for the additional amount.
Community Groups and Homeowners Association Boards along with its sanctioned committees may rent the Community Center without any fee or deposit. After each event, however, the Community Center, including bathrooms, shall be left in the same or better condition than when the event started. Failure to maintain the Community Center condition shall be cause for revocation of the free rental fee and future scheduling access as well as reimbursement of expenses to bring the Center to its pre-event condition.
A calendar showing available dates and times for the Community Center is available on the LRCA website.
- To book online:
- If date is available, complete the online Reservation Form and send a check for the $125.00 rental fee made payable to Legendary Run Community Association, 11840 C, Kemper Springs Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45240.
- To book by e-mail or phone:
- Contact the Community Center Coordinator, Melissa Patrick, by phone at 513 874-3737 or e-mail: RobinScott@towneproperties.com
- After reserving a date and time, your date and time will then be held for seven calendar days while the rental fee ($125.00) is sent. If the rental payment is not received within seven (7) calendar days, the event date and time will be re-opened for general rental.
- At least 30 calendar days prior to the event, send a separate check for the $150.00 security deposit, made payable to Legendary Run Community Association, to LRCA Community Center Coordinator. If the security deposit check is not received on time, the event will be cancelled, and any rental fee previously paid will be forfeited.
- You will be contacted by the Community Center Coordinator prior to your event with entry and alarm instructions and the Community Center Clean-up Checklist. This information is usually sent out on the Thursday prior to your event. Contact the Community Center Coordinator if you do not receive the entry and alarm code by that time.
- After your event, a member of the LRCA Board or its representative may inspect the Community Center and determine if all or part of the security deposit is refundable. If refundable, the homeowner’s original check for the security deposit will be returned.
Community Center Cleaning:
As the renting homeowner, you agree to be responsible for any damages that occur during the event and that all Community Center rental and rules are followed. Charges for damages will be equal to replacement/repair cost along with any administrative fees related to the repair or replacement.
- Move all furniture and decorations back to their original location.
- Clean kitchen and bar areas (cleaning products under kitchen sink).
- Empty and clean refrigerator.
- Clean stove, microwave, and oven.
- Clean counter tops, bar tops, and sinks.
- Sweep and mop floors (broom & mop in closet next to kitchen).
- Clean bathrooms – including toilets, urinals, sinks, and mirrors; empty large trash cans and small cans in women’s toilet stalls; sweep and mop floors.
- Clean tables, chairs, stools and serving tables.
- Wipe smudges from windows and walls.
- Vacuum carpet (vacuum in closet adjacent to front door).
- Clean off patio area – remove all debris. Secure all doors and windows.
- Turn off all lights (except outside lights).
- Place all trash into garbage cans located outside within the fenced can area.
- Be sure TV and other media are off and remotes safely stored.
- Set the alarm system.
- Ensure all exterior doors are locked.
Thank you for preserving our community property.
If you would like to contract your cleanup (approx. $100.00), contact:
Mike Harp: at 513-265-3435 (cell), or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following amenities are provided with the rental of the Community Center. While every attempt is made to ensure these amenities are available and in good working condition, no guarantees are made.
- 52″ Television with Cincinnati Bell Fioptics
- Blu-Ray player
- Wireless Wi-fi (non-secured)
- Telephone (for local calls only) The number is 513-943-1750.
- 1 Full size refrigerator/freezer
- 1 Under-counter beverage refrigerator in bar area
- 1 Full size stove/oven
- 1 Microwave oven
- 1 Fireplace (natural gas)
- 3 Large serving (fixed location) tables
- Table #1 is 30″ x 101″
- Table #2 is 30″ x 81″
- Table #3 is 30″ x 73″
- 3 Round tables (54″) that seat 6. With the leaves installed, these tables are 72″ X 54″ and seat 8 people each. Leaves are in west closet by front door.
- 24 Wood chairs for round tables
- Round pub table (35″ diameter)
- 11 Bar stools for pub table and bar tops
- 3 Cushioned chairs with round glass-top coffee table
- 1 Executive Board table (48″ X 72″). With 2 available leaves installed, the table can be expanded to 48″ x 101″
- 6 Padded chairs on rollers
- 2 Wood folding chairs in front east closet by front door
- In the east outside storage shed: (Key is in west closet by front door.)
- 2 Rectangle tables (72″ X 30″)
- 2 Round tables (60″ diameter)
- 1 Rectangle table (96″ X 30″)
- 22 Folding metal chairs
- 2 Drip coffee makers (12 to 36 cup)
- 2 Ice buckets
- 1 Blender
- 1 Vacuum in west closet by front door
- 1 Mop & mop bucket in closet adjacent to kitchen
- 1 Broom and dustpan in closet adjacent to kitchen
- 1 Two-step stepstool in east closet by front door
- Paper towels and toilet paper supplied.
- Cleaning supplies and garbage bags are available in lower kitchen cabinets.
- Note: Tablecloths are not available.